HSR Builds Solution to Bring Health Data into Disaster Response WorkflowPosted on
Public Launch of New Solution to take place September 18th in Reston, VA
Rockville, MD, Friday, September 06, 2019 – In June, Health Solutions Research was selected, through an effort funded by the U.S. Federal Geographic Data Committee, to build a solution bringing healthcare data into the emergency response planning and execution workflow.
To do so, the Maryland-based company built a geospatial application (called the Health Risk Index) and the supporting infrastructure (a Health-focused Spatial Data Infrastructure) – and is demonstrating both on Wednesday, September 18th at a full-day event at the USGS National Center at 12201 Sunrise Valley Dr, Reston, VA 20192.
The Health Risk Index provides the Federal Emergency Management Agency and First Responders across the globe access to the health information of disaster-impacted populations – allowing for the immediate identification of individuals who most urgently need emergency services, such as evacuation or emergency medical treatment. Leveraging the Index ensures that lives lost and medical complications caused by the disaster are minimized.
The day’s schedule along with logistic information is online; HSR’s highlights include:
- The Health Risk Index will be introduced at approximately 11:00am.
- HSR CEO, Ajay K Gupta, will speak on a panel from 2:15pm – 3:00pm.
- The solution will be displayed at an exhibit booth throughout the day.
The Health Risk Index is receiving international attention as well –
- An HSR.healthBoard Member delivered the Keynote at AmeriGeo Week Conference in Peru on August 20th. The talk features HSR’s Health SDI. AmeriGeo gathers the geospatial community throughout the Americas.
- HSR.health CEO is publishing a technical journal on our Health SDI in the international journal, ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information.
- An HSR representative is invited to present the Health SDI and the Health Risk Index at the GeoWeek Plenary in Australia in November 2019. GeoWeek attracts the global geospatial community.
If interested in attending the Public Launch event or for any additional information, please contact Paul Churchyard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-731-0756.
HSR is a healthcare data analytic firm built by dedicated clinicians and passionate technologists with a mission to, “…wield technology’s wonders to raise healthcare’s quality and lower its costs” [President Obama’s 1st Inaugural Address]. We leverage our unique and innovate GeoHealth data analytic approach to support health systems, health departments, and insurance companies achieve these goals.