Ajay K. Gupta, CISSP, MBA
Ajay K. Gupta, CISSP, MBA
Over a 20-year career in cybersecurity and information technology, Ajay has seen companies create true competitive advantage from successful management of security and technology initiatives. At the same time, healthcare is burdened with outdated technology infrastructure and inefficiencies – which are often measured in human lives. So Ajay decided to take his understanding of technology and implementation to disrupt and innovate healthcare.
In launching HSR.health, Ajay leverages the best of tech to transform American healthcare into a system that innovates healthcare delivery achieving improved quality, lower costs, and health equity. Under Ajay’s leadership, HSR.health pivoted to support COVID response in the US and globally. And through its lessons learned has developed insights into how health risks impact broader markets. The company is developing a digital Pandemic Early Warning and Response Platform to identify and mitigate impact of future pandemics.
In addition to his work at HSR.health, Ajay Chairs the Health Domain Working Group for the Open Geospatial Consortium, the global standards setting body for all things Geo; serves as the Secretary of the Board of Directors of Holy Cross Health, a multi-hospital social safety net health system in Montgomery County, MD; and is on the Board of Governors for his alma mater, the fearless University of Maryland, College Park.
If he isn’t using our geospatial platform to map disease rates against social factors to identify solutions to population health challenges, such as the opioid epidemic or maternal mortality, you can find him at sporting events (#LetsGoNats, #ALLCAPS) or behind the mic bursting eardrums while belting out his favorite pop music tunes from U2, Sting, George Michael, or Imagine Dragons.
- Chair of the Open Geospatial Consortium’s Health Domain Working Group.
- Chair of the Machine Learning, Big Data, & AI in Healthcare Annual Conference in Washington, DC.
- Member, Board of Directors, Holy Cross Health, a member of Trinity Health.
- Member, Finance Committee, and Mission & Population Health Committee, Holy Cross Health.
- Published author of numerous University level books in cybersecurity, and articles in a variety of technical disciplines, including EHR systems and Healthcare.
- Managed and led several ERP implementation efforts in industries ranging from higher education, non-profit, commercial, manufacturing, to government.
- Experience with the selection and implementation of EMR systems, including migration from paper-based patient records as well as migration between EMR hosting providers.
- Presented on health IT issues at many conferences, including the IEEE Biomedical and Health Informatics conference (Orlando, 2017), the Aging in America Conference (San Diego, 2014), the Advanced Healthcare Analytics Conference (Boston, 2017).
- Organized and led focus groups on numerous healthcare topics, partially including medical transportation, personal health records, patient engagement tools, and online patient portals.
- Recognized cybersecurity expert with a 20-year career in Information Technology, prior to transitioning into Health IT.
- Serves as an Expert Witness on Cybersecurity issues on criminal and civil court cases.
- Leadership Maryland, Class of ’15
- Advanced Leadership Program, Stanford University Graduate School of Business (2014)
- American Society of Aging’s New Ventures in Leadership Program (2013)
- Toastmasters Competent Leader & Advanced Communicator Bronze (2014)
- MBA (2005) Georgetown University, Graduated Among Top 10 Students in Class
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, ISC2 (2002)
- MS Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park (1998)
- BS cum Laude Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park (1995)
Meet Us & Our Alter Egos
Request A Call Back
Wield technology’s wonders to raise health care’s quality and lower its cost.