HSR.health is a global leader in health-focused geospatial data analytics. We support the public health and emergency response communities as well as all organizations impacted by health crises with novel indices that deepen the understanding of health issues, global and local, to better anticipate and mitigate those health crises. With a team of talented clinicians, public health analysts, data scientists, geospatial engineers, biostatisticians, epidemiologists, and cybersecurity experts, HSR.health is dedicated to remaining on the forefront of healthcare technology innovation – pushing the boundaries of what is possible to anticipate.
HSR.health’s novel indices, used to assess and predict the likelihood of disease transmission and mortality (called the Transmission Risk Index and the Mortality Risk Index, respectively), were utilized by the World Health Organization (WHO) during the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. In conjunction with the WHO, we utilized these models in Africa and Central America to gain insights into the events that identify potential human-to-human transmission of a viral contagion as well as the broader market impacts stemming from transmissions.
We believe the answer to solving public health challenges lies in the power of technological innovation, especially leveraging social determinants of health data to provide insights on the why of health inequality.
We find that why with powerful data algorithms on broad sets of geocoded social, environmental, and health data, strategic partnerships that span the industry, and data-rich geospatial mapping and visualization.
Wide Industry Involvement
Our firm is well-known in the professional community, given our team’s active role across a diverse set of organizations within and outside of healthcare, partially including:
- HIMSS Social Determinants of Health Task Force
- HIMSS Education Committee
- MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society
- Chairman, MedChi Medical Policy Council
- Executive Committee, Hospital Based Physician Coalition of Maryland
- Chair, OGC Health Domain Working Group
- State of Maryland Delegate to American Society of Anesthesiology
- Board Vice-Chair, Holy Cross Health, the Flagship Health System of Trinity Health System
- Board of Governors of the University of Maryland College Park Alumni Association
- Health Delivery Reform Subcommittee for the state of Maryland
- Health Services Cost Review Commission for the state of Maryland
- Chair Security and Privacy Work Group of MD Governor Martin O’Malley Transition Team
- Member of the Health Committee of MD Governor Martin O’Malley Transition Team
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Top 100 Geospatial Company, 2022, Geoawesomeness
- HSR.health CEO recognized with the 2021 Entrepreneurial Excellence Award by Molo-9
- HSR.health CMO named 2021 Top 100 Healthcare Visionary
- HSR.health Public Health Analyst wins the Gold Award for Innovation for the firm’s School Safety Index
- HSR.health CMO name 2017 Distinguished Council Chair Award for his outstanding dedication to the public health
- Emerging Company of the Year Award, 2017 and 2019, by the Tech Council of Maryland
- Incubator Company of the Year Award Finalist 2017, Incubator Association of Maryland
- Received the Maryland General Assembly Citation for efforts to “Promote access to high quality healthcare throughout Maryland”
- HSR.health CMO recognized by MedChi, the State Medical Society, with the 2017 Distinguished Council Chair Award for his outstanding dedication of time and talents on behalf of Maryland’s physicians, their patients, and the public health
- HSR.health CMO recognized as a Top Doctor in Washington DC for Anesthesiology and Pain Management for past twelve consecutive years
- HSR.health CEO named Vice-Chair of the Board of Holy Cross Health, the multi-hospital Flagship system of Trinity Health
- The ExportMD Grant, 2019 and 2020 to support international expansion in the MENA region
- The Maryland MTIP grant, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 to support expanding HSR.health technical team
January 2009January 20, 2009President Obama inspires our founders to action in his first Inaugural address.
October 2011October 23, 2011Began building the infrastructure upon which HSR.health is built.
April 2013April 15, 2013Data curation efforts began.
June 2014June 14, 2014The beginning of our formal research efforts into the relationship between health, social, and environmental factors.
March 2015April 5, 2015Results of initial HSR research shared publicly – at AIA2015 in Chicago, USA!
March 2016March 3, 2016Conducted extensive analysis into the role Transportation plays in health outcomes at the community level.
April 2018April 8, 2018Official Launch of HSR.health.
September 2019September 10, 2019Produced, with the support of the Open Geospatial Consortium and the Federal Geographic Data Committee, the Health Risk Index.
March 2020March 11, 2020Our team pivoted to provide our AI and location-based approach to aid emergency response and public health personnel respond to COVID19.
December 2021December 15, 2021The Care Desert initiative begins!
May 2022April 28, 2022HSR.health launched on the Esri ArcGIS Marketplace.
We support industry efforts to advance GeoAI solutions to improve healthcare industry.
We have built relationships and collaborate with innovative companies and organizations to advance geospatial health risk analytics globally.